meeting celebrities is an interesting thing because some people spend their life savings to get one photo and hug with their idol while others find them in like the cereal aisle at the grocery store
I expect nothing less
LOOK ITS APPLE PIE JUICE
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS SHIT
SOMEONE GOT A BOTTLE OF IT AND WAS PASSING IT AROUND HALL
IT IS LITERALLY LIKE LIQUID PIE
YOU STICK IT IN YOUR MOUTH AND IT IS LIQUID PIE
THE OLD ORCHARD PEOPLE HAVE DISCOVERED SOME ANCIENT SOURCE OF ARCANE MAGIC OR SOMETHING BECAUSE IT IS LIQUID PIE IN YOUR MOUTH
WE MADE AN EMERGENCY WALMART RUN BECAUSE OF THE FUCKERY THESE JUICE PEOPLE HAVE WROUGHT
by @kimberlyainn “To my natural hair community, please help bring my cousin home! Take a close look at her face and commit it to memory. Pray!!!” via @PhotoRepost_app Praying for her safe return 🙏
This is my new favorite thing.
"Please?" Too adorable.
When a viking mistreats his lady, she may cut off his junk and hang it in her home.
- Women were in charge of the household’s money because they were believed to be magic and have the ability to see into the future.
- If a woman divorced her viking husband, he would be shamed for being divorced.
- Men weren’t even allowed to touch a woman’s hand if she had not agreed to it or he would be punished by law.
- green mario
- moon moon
- Shrek (The Shrekening?)
- pokemon fusions
- "bitch i might be"
- swaggy vs swaggie
- flower crowns
- swiggity swag
- the short-lived furniture fandom
- miley cyrus
- "first of all how dare you"
- dad jokes
- frick frack
- "surprise bitch"
- Patrick star
- the bee movie
- do you like the colour of the sky?
- the mishapocalypse
- 'let me explain you a thing'
90% of my life is me making an irritated looking face
Tips for respecting children’s spaces, competence, and general existence from a preschool teacher:
- Listen to them
- Ask them, “Do you want to say hi to your auntie/grandma/cousin/dad/whatevs” (Hint: they will be honest and this can result in a simple hello or a hug or a silly “No!” depending how comfortable they feel)
- If they don’t want to hug you realize it’s not that they don’t love you it’s that they don’t know you/don’t feel like hugging.
- Just like every other person who doesn’t want a hug
- In the event that you need to move a child EXPLAIN TO THEM WHY and WHAT YOU ARE DOING don’t just move them like PROPS they are CHILDREN and NOT props
- For instance, “I’m going to move your chair over so we have room at the table for everyone!”
- Or “Sorry there was a person running by I didn’t want you to get smushed so I had to pick you up!”
- Remind them that they are people not objects using your actions
- Asking children to do something they don’t want to do but NEED to do often doesn’t work, instead give them a choice, “Do you want to eat bok choy or yams?”
- NOT “Do you want to eat your vegetables?”
- “Do you want to brush your teeth in the bathroom or the kitchen”
- This exercises their ever-growing free will and is especially useful during TERRIFIC TWOS okay TERRIFIC not TERRIBLE they’re TERRIFIC
- Children will copy you, MODEL FOR THEM
- Being over enthusiastic IS beneficial for them understanding emotional and social competence
- “I hung this picture uneven, that makes me sad, hmmm! Oh goodie, I found my mistake! Now I can fix it, I’ll feel much happier when I’ve fixed it!”
- You think it sounds ridic yeah well hearing you do that children around you just learned to not get so discouraged by their mistakes and that it’s okay to try to fix them
- ADULTS CAN APOLOGIZE TO CHILDREN
- You make a mistake that hurt a child, APOLOGIZE and show them how to do it properly and genuinely
- Realize children are fully competent and are capable of making meanings from YOUR implications about race, culture, gender, ability, sexuality, EVERYTHING
- Many three year olds know what the N-word is, what gay means, can identify which children are visably disabled, and YOUR REACTIONS of their answers of questions about their culture
- Children like to talk about themselves so do not ever dismiss what they say about themselves as illegitimate just because it sounds silly or unlikely sometimes it’s true
- Stop talking about how you hate children, just leave them alone if you don’t understand them you don’t have to be complete jerks to PEOPLE you’ve never met
- I will post more and if people have question PLS ASK ME I WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER WHAT I KNOW
Nice to find this after I’ve been talking with people about cute babas and how adults undermine their autonomy and how child/baby hate in radical circles is NOT COOL.
yeah babies cry we know. get over it. leave the room or something.
Totally. Like, it’s fine if you’re just not into kids. But don’t tell me that you hate them… That’s terrifying.
Also, all this is really good advice!
I need to show this to like, half my family…
Harper Bazaar UK’s Women of the Year 2013
When my sister was little, she had an imaginary friend called Jackie. One Sunday, my great aunt was over and my sister came in, announced to the room that Jackie fell down the stair and died, and left. My great auntie calmly looked up and said “how did she know about that?” Apparently, my great auntie had a little brother called Jack (her mother, who died a little before my sister was born, called him Jackie) and when he was 7, he fell down the stairs, banged his head and died.
I volunteered at a Sunday school at church once and there was this little girl who didn’t talk and they told me that the one time they heard her talk she had just walked up to them crying and when they asked why she said, “Jesus is all bloody!” She had never been told the story of Christ at all.
This is what happens when your friend reminds you about audio editing. I ended up lowering the pitch on Let It Go from the new Frozen movie. And I gotta say, it’s really nice. Have yourself a listen and see what I mean.
And of course I had to draw a quick genderbend for this
EDIT: I’ve been getting a bunch of requests for this, so here you go folks:
Also if you’re looking for the Karaoke/Instrumental track for this particular version, you can find it right here!
I almost cried when I saw this part. This is what you do. You don’t continue on your way because it doesn’t involve you.
Look at the way she shields the stranger WITH HER OWN BODY.
This is what needs to happen when you see someone being bullied or harassed.
I love how she just calmly sets her things down, and then GETS TO FUCKING WORK. Like yeah, girl, you go. Hero right there.
The first episode of Doctor Who aired at 5:16 PM on November 23, 1963.